Peter Schauß (pronounced as Peter Schauss since the English equivalent to the German letter "ß" is "ss"), also known as DarkCorner (or DC for short), is the head of Unreal Software, a small and independent game- and software developer. He uses this name to publish his hobby projects.
He developed his first 3D-game, Stranded I, in the tender age of 15 years and published the "gold" version 220.127.116.11 of it on May 12, 2003. More games followed later, such as Counter-Strike 2D (which eventually made its way into Steam), Minigolf Madness, Stranded II (which he won an Alienware PC with) and Carnage Contest. DC is currently working on Stranded III, which has an unknown release date.
- DC studied Informatics at the university in Koblenz.
- He was born on 20th September 20 1987.
- DC is left-handed.
- From July 2007 to March 2008 he served his time in the basic military service in Gerolstein.
- The nickname DarkCorner resulted from his behaviour of camping in first-person shooters, hiding in dark corners where he was hard to spot for enemies while he could kill them easily, playing e.g. as a sniper.
- As he doesn't do such things any more he also doesn't want to be addressed as DarkCorner any more but rather as DC.
- He is the administrator of the Unreal Software forums and he has the Unreal Software ID 1 (as seen on his profile).